Eight-division boxing world champion Manny Pacquiao has released his own pac cryptocurrency. The coin should "bring" him closer to his fans.
Manny Pacquiao introduced pac cryptocurrency
Boxer Manny Pacquiao announced the release of his own pac cryptocurrency at a free concert in Manila, as reported by South China Morning Post. The boxer’s fans will be able to buy Pacquiao’s branded items and "interact with the boxer on social networks" using pac.
The pac tokenToken
– is an accounting unit that is used to represent a digital balance in an asset.Details should appear in the listing of Singapore's Global Crypto Offering Exchange (GCOX). According to the newspaper, such celebrities as English footballer Michael Owen and a member of the ruling family of Abu Dhabi Sheikh Khalid bin Zayed Al Nahyan have already invested in pac.
- Pac became the first cryptocurrency in the world to be released by a celebrity.
- Manny Pacquiao is the first and still the only boxer to win titles in eight weight classes.
- Pacquiao is also famous outside the ring. In 2010, he became a congressman in the Congress of the Philippines. In 2016, he won the country's Senate election.
- Moreover, Pacquiao stars in movies and even sings songs.