The Facebook social network has hired the FS Vector company, which specializes in lobbying for interests in the US Congress. The firm should help ease the pressure of regulators on Libra cryptocurrency.
Lobbyists will be promoting Libra
As reported by O'Dwyer PR, Facebook hired FS Vector lobbyists for support and advice on "blockchain policy related issues".
FS Vector appeared in 2018. The company claims to provide advisory services on regulatory policy, public policy and business strategies. Its specialization is fintech, cryptocurrencies, blockchainBlockchain
is a continuous and sequential block chain of information (digital linked list). When building a blockchain, copies of related blocks are simultaneously stored on multiple computers.Details and financial markets.
- Facebook unveiled plans to develop cryptocurrency in June 2019.
- Since then, the social network has met fierce resistance from regulators.
- The US Senate is even considering a draft law prohibiting private companies from issuing cryptocurrencies.
- On August 21, the European Commission opened an antitrust investigation against Facebook and the Libra project.
- According to theFinancial Times, due to the position of regulators, at least 3 members of the Libra Association may leave the project. The newspaper did not specify who exactly is going to "exit".
Editor: Alyona Nabok